Our Haven programme works with 7 – 15 year olds who have been excluded, or are at risk of exclusion from school.
We have developed a holistic, flexible programme, that we tailor to the needs of each referred young person, endeavouring to develop insight, emotional intelligence and goal orientation in a safe and creative space. Young people are also given academic tuition and given a study programme based on their need and academic level.
The Haven encourages a culture of respect, reflection and open communication and employs staff from diverse backgrounds, often in the arts, alongside professional youth workers. All our staff have enhanced DBS checked
We create an personal, need led, curriculum that enables the young person to:
- develop maths and english skills through creative learning
- receive academic tutoring
- have one-to-one sessions with a trained mentor
- partake in extra-curricular development programmes
- attend, horizon broadening respite and local trips
- engage in focused learning about the world
- partake in group work, physical activity & creative play
The Haven supports referred young people for up to two academic terms. We advocate for, support an work alongside the parents of all our young people. We liaise with other agencies working with our families and aim to have all our young people reintegrated and succeeding in local schools as soon as possible.